Field Research Program for High School Students
There are a number of environmental and ecology research programs that involve field and laboratory work. I start by meeting the teachers and discuss the different programs and possibilities. Programs evolve around the teachers knowledge, experience and training and the curriculum they cover in class. All programs are for no more than 25 students.
Each program includes:
- Initial meeting with the teacher after school
- Introductory 1.5 hours class with the students including a short power point presentation and logistics preparation for the field experience
- One full day field experience to collect data and samples
- All specialized equipment needed is included for the program
- Students are provided with reading materials to help them with their research
- One lab period class to organize students immediately after the field day
- One double lab period class to help students analyze data
- Total communications via emails, blog and website with teacher and students for additional help
- I will attend students final research presentation
Total cost for this program $600
Transportation to the research site is up to the school to arrange and cover its cost. In some cases some research studies can be done at the school site or nearby.
All my teacher workshops are designed based on a number of field and laboratory techniques to help teachers improve their education programs. Workshops take place at your school. Teachers will improve the use of the scientific method and provide students with open ended field and laboratory experiences. To learn more about the different workshops offered please contact me by email or by phone.
Total cost for a one day workshop $250